Magnificent Mac n Cheese Potjie RecipeWith braais almost every weekend, your average line-up of meat, veg and salad can begin to become a bit bland. Spice up your next braai with this delicious twist on a classic Mac & Cheese. The smell of melted, crispy cheese will have all your guests mouths’ watering and will compliment your boerewors and chops extremely well!
Here is how to make this delicious potjie dish:
- 500g Macaroni pasta
- 450 g Cheese of choice (grated)
- 2 x 250ml Pouring cream
- 2 Sachets of Ina Paarman’s Ready to Serve Cheese Sauce
- 2tsp Salt
- 1tsp Pepper
- 1 Tomato (sliced)
- Cayenne pepper (optional
- Place a No 3. potjie over a big fire.
- Bring the water to a boil and add macaroni and 1tsp salt.
- Cook for about 10 minutes in boiling water.
- Drain water and pour the macaroni in a large bowl.
- Mix the macaroni, cheese sauce, grated cheese and 1 tub of cream in the bowl.
- Return the empty potjie to the fire and place the macaroni mixture into the potjie.
- Layer tomato slices over top of the macaroni to cover the full surface.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper (and optional cayenne pepper) over the tomato slices.
- Let the pot simmer on the fire for 45 minutes and stir every 10 minutes.
- Add the second tub of cream and mix everything together.
This is a great meal that can be prepared ahead of time too! Remember to clean your Potjie Pot as soon as possible once you are finished to make your job even easier and tag us on Instagram if you try it yourself.