Landmine Chicken - A Braai-Crew Special Must-Try RecipeThis saucy, delicious dish will impress at any braai. Submitted by Juan Jordaan from Cape Town, the flavours of this special sauce are amplified with the perfect combination of bacon and brandy.
- 2 large deboned chicken breasts
- 1 Pack bacon strips
- 1 punnet mushrooms, chopped chunky
- 1 packet white onion soup powder
- 1 onion, chopped
- 250ml cream
- 100ml - 200ml milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 150g Cheese (of your choice to fill chicken breasts)
- Brandy (double shot)
- Garlic flakes to taste
- Parsley to taste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Preparing the sauce
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add chopped onion, garlic flakes, salt and black pepper.
- Fry the onion until soft and brown. Add the chopped mushrooms, add a double-shot brandy of your choice and fry until cooked.
- Mix half a packet white onion soup powder with 250ml cream and add it to the mushrooms in the saucepan. Add milk if the consistency of the sauce becomes too thick. Add more salt, pepper and parsley to taste.
Preparing the chicken
- Cut the chicken breast horizontally, so as to fill it with salt, pepper and a cheese of your choice. Wrap the filled breasts in bacon strips and use toothpicks to pin the ingredients inside.
- Braai it on the fire until the bacon is crispy and the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve with mushroom sauce and cheese rolls.