Outdoor Rewards Competition Terms and Conditions
GENERAL RULES RELATING TO PROMOTIONAL COMPETITIONS
From time to time Sportsmans Rewards will offer and conduct promotional competitions for Sportsmans Rewards members. Each promotional competition will require a separate entry. The following general rules apply to all prize draws:
- Each promotional competition ("competition") is sponsored and conducted by Moresport (Pty) Ltd, registration number 2006/017179/07, trading as Outdoor Warehouse ("Promoter"). By entering the competition and/or accepting the prizes in terms thereof, all participants and/or winners agree to be bound by these terms and conditions together with any amendments thereto.
- Competitions are not open to (i) a director, member, partner, employee, agent of, or consultant to the Promoter or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter or any marketing service providers in respect of the competition; (ii) a supplier of goods or services in connection with the competition; and (iii) the spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members of the parties referred to in (i) and (ii).
- Competitions are open only to valid Outdoor Rewards members, who are 18 years or older and resident in the Republic of South Africa, where not prohibited by law from entering. The Promoter has the right to verify the eligibility of each participant.
- No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter to win.
- Participants are automatically entered into the competition if, in the 3 month period before the competition they (i) comply with the provisions of paragraph 3 above; and (ii) have swiped their Outdoor Rewards card or identified themselves with their unique customer number at the Promoter in respect of a valid purchase.
- Participants may elect not to partake in the competition. Participants must notify the cashier at the Promoter of their intention not to enter the competition at the time of purchasing goods from the Promoter.
- Participants will automatically be entered into a competition multiple times where they have made multiple purchases in the 3 month period leading up to the closing date of a competition, but a participant may not win more than one prize per draw.
- Participants stand a chance to win the prize(s) indicated in Annexure A hereto.
- By entering the competition, participants agree and understand that there is no guarantee that they will win a prize.
- Prizes are non-transferrable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash or other goods.
- If any taxes, levies, duties, travel visa costs or any charges whatsoever are levied on a prize by any competent authority, the winner will be liable for these and the prize value will not be increased to compensate for such charges.
- By entering the competition, participants and the eventual winners thereof, indemnify, release and hold harmless the Promoter, its employees, directors and officers from and against any actions, claims, liability for injury, loss and damage of any kind resulting from the Promoter, the competition and/or the prize.
- Winner/s will be randomly drawn by the Promoter or its representative at the Promoter's Head Office in Cape Town under the supervision of an independent third party, within 10 days after the closing date of the competition as indicated in Annexure A hereto. If for any unforeseen reason the draw cannot take place on the aforesaid date and time, then the Promoter will endeavour to conduct the draw within a reasonable period thereafter and shall provide details of the new draw date on the Promoter's website at www.Outdoorwarehouse.co.za.
- Winners will be contacted telephonically. If the Promoter (i) cannot contact a winner after 3 attempts have been made to reach him/her on their chosen contact number, and either the call is not answered or the call goes directly to voicemail; or (ii) if a winner declines to accept the prize for any reason, the prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be re-drawn.
- All prize winners may be requested to have their name, city/region and/or photo as well as any statements made by them published on any marketing material or on Facebook, or may otherwise be requested to participate in any marketing events, but the participant may decline such invitation.
- In the event of a dispute, the decision of the independent third party as to the winners is final and there will be no correspondence entered into in this regard.
- The Promoter is not responsible if the competition cannot take place in the event of force majeure (acts of God) and no claim can be instituted by any participant should such an eventuality occur.
- If an advertised prize is not available, or in the event of force majeure (acts of God) or an unavoidable delay due to conditions beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to offer a winner an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- The Promoter does not warrant that any prize will be free of defects, whether latent or patent, and furthermore does not warrant that it will be fit for any particular purpose. The Promoter will accordingly, otherwise than allowed in law, not be liable in the event of the prize having any kind of default or causing any harm.
- Proof of identity will be required to collect a prize and the Promoter reserves the right to refuse payment or handing over of a prize to any potential winner who refuses to, or cannot provide sufficient documentation to verify their identity.
- To the extent that a licence (e.g. a driver’s licence), travel documents (e.g. a valid passport) or permission (e.g. by a parent/guardian) is required in order to accept or use a prize, the winner must produce such licence, travel documents or permission for inspection by the Promoter prior to receiving the prize. If the winner does not or is unable to do so, the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be drawn under the same terms and conditions.
1.1. Individual prize draws are likely to have additional conditions which will be published with each prize draw promotion and entry into the draw for a prize signifies acceptance of these additional conditions.
- The Promoter will be entitled to keep a record of the personal information of all winners of the competition for audit purposes as required by the Consumer Protection Act, No 68 of 2008 and the Consumer Protection Act Regulations. By entering into the competition, the participant consents to its personal information being processed for such purpose.
- For specific rules relating to the competition, please see the additional conditions attached to these general rules as Annexure A.
- Failure by a winner to comply with all of the above general rules, the additional competition rules or the terms of acceptance will be deemed to be a rejection of the prize and the winner will then be disqualified from receiving the prize.
- If the entrant has done anything in relation to the competition which in the Promoter's discretion may provide an entrant with an unfair advantage over other entrants, unless these rules specifically allow such conduct, such entrant will be automatically disqualified from this and all future competitions run by the Promoter.
SPECIFIC COMPETITION RULES
- The competition opens on 1 April 2019 and closes on 30 June 2019.
The winners will be announced on 5 July 2019 by way of social media.
The winners will be notified by means of the contact details provided to us [or by telephone or email or via publication on our websites] by no later than 8 July 2019.
Unless we make alternative arrangements with the winners prior to collection of the prizes, the winners may collect the prizes from Lene Scheepers in our Marketing Department at Moresport (Pty) Ltd’s offices in [Cape Town] on business days during working hours by appointment.
Terms and Conditions competition
An Orange River Rafting trip for 4
- Park fees, entrance fees
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner (*as indicated)
- Qualified river guides
- Two-man inflatable raft
- Paddles & flotation devices
- 60L Dry bag (for personal belongings)
- 45L Cooler Box per boat (Ice can be purchased at base camp)
- Transfer back to The Growcery (base camp)
- Camping equipment (tent, cutlery, crockery etc)
- Water (2l per person per day), juice & alcoholic beverages, snacks for in between meals
- Accommodation & food after your rafting trail
- Transport to the Growcery Camp
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions