The Easiest No-Knead Pot Bread RecipeThis easy braai-bread bake was inspired by Hannelie van der Bank from Boksburg
You will need the following:
- 1kg Wheat flour
- 10g Yeast
- 2tsp Salt
- 1L Luke warm water
Preparing the dough:
- Pour the water into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the yeast to the water and mix until dissolved.
- Sift the flour into the mixture and add salt.
- Mix to form a smooth and elastic dough.
- Let rise until inside of a buttered bake pot until the dough has almost reached the top of the pot.
- Place the pot with the lid over top of the coals and add some coals on top of the lid.
- Leave to bake for about 1 hour or until golden brown.
- Test the dough with a metal skewer or tap the bread – the load should sound hollow.
We suggest serving it hot with fresh farm butter and home-made jam.