Mouth-watering Hot Cross Bun And Chocolate Bake RecipeLooking for a switch-up from the usual desserts? Try this interesting twist that adds a local flavour with sticky hot-cross buns and is perfect for an Easter themed get-together. Baking your dessert on the braai will also impress guests and give you more time to share stories around the fire.
Here is what you’ll need to make this delicious desert:
- 8 hot cross buns
- 4 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 500ml cream
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 100g your favourite dark chocolate
- Small chocolate eggs
- 30ml Rum (optional)
- Light a Cobblestone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a Cobblestone on hand, ready your briquettes in the Cobb Cooker.
- Place the Frying Pan on the Cobb Cooker and leave it for at least 5 minutes until it has heated up.
- Place the cream, eggs, vanilla, rum and pinch of salt in a large mixing bowl and whisk until well mixed.
- Break the hot cross buns, slice the butter into pieces and break the chocolate into chunks. Layer the hot cross buns, butter and chocolate in camping cups/ramekins ending with a piece of hot cross bun.
- Pour the cream mixture over each individual cup/ramekin and let it stand for 10 – 20 minutes.
- Place in the Cobb Cooker and let it bake for 30 minutes until puffed up and the cream mixture is set.
- Place little Easter eggs on top of each hot cross bun & chocolate bake and enjoy.
Serving each one in your classic camping cups will add a touch of homely flavour which will be sure to leave a warm happy feeling as your guests finish their meal. Be sure to tag us on Instagram if you try it out!