Maintain the quality and lifespan of your tent with these important tips and techniques.
You have just purchased a brand-new Tech-Fibre tent from Outdoor Warehouse and you are wondering what you need to do to take care of it. We have compiled a list of tips and techniques to remember when using and storing your tent to ensure and maintain the quality of the tent for a long time to come.
- Dry tent thoroughly before storing in order to prevent the growth of mildew.
- Using a groundsheet prolongs the life of your tent and prevents the tent floor from feeling damp.
- Avoid leaving your tent pitched in direct sunlight for longer than is necessary.
- Remove tent pegs from the ground with either another peg or an ‘Easy Peg Puller’. Never pull tent pegs out of the ground by pulling on the tent fabric.
- Choosing a level spot to camp will prevent your tent from being swamped in a rainstorm.
- Always use a netted or PE groundsheet between your tents floor and the ground.
- Check your parts each time.
- Ensure that you have left nothing behind.
- It is always a good idea to have extra pegs, guy ropes and a storm strap in case of strong winds.
Download our Tech-Fibre Tents Guide for more of these tips and hints. The guide also provides you with all the essential information you will need for purchasing your next Tech-Fibre tent from Outdoor Warehouse.